Friday, March 17, 2006

wearing of the green

in honour of st. pat's day, and well, just because i feel like it, i present my second knitted sweater and hat. this limelicious sensation is called a pram coat and helmet hat. made from somewhat antique yarn that i had in my stash--leftovers from days of yore--when i crocheted a baby afghan for my precious god daughter, who is now older than i'd like to admit. i tried to enhance the picture to show off the basket-weave style pattern--if you click on the picture you may be able to see it a bit better. again it is missing the six buttons (double breasted, doncha know) that will make it a fait a compli, but still you get the general idea. my first foray into the mystical world of raglan sleeves and separate collar pieces. one thing i will say about knitting vs. crocheting: while the act of knitting is ultimately easier than crocheting, it is far more fiddly and involved than crocheting, at least from what i have experienced in the 3 months since i relearned to knit. this sweater strongly reminds me of a yellow set that was knit for my niece by her great aunt, and is ultimately what inspired me to try it myself.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a cute outfit! I'm going to have to get you to make me 2 outfits before summer... lol NOOOO not for me, but you know who... LOL I'll send you money too!

Kiki said...

glad you like it :) i can most certainly whip up something for you too, i'm currently working on another "challenge" in knitting...this could be the limit of my limited abilities...lol