Tuesday, April 10, 2007

sowing the seeds

It may still be cold outside, but my thoughts are turning to warmer Spring climes and hopeful new beginnings. So with that in mind, I am starting a little project I like to call "The Great 'Mater Experiment"....experiment you see, because I don't have the first clue about gardening...oh sure, I like planting things ("things" being flowers you buy in the store, already grown and in their neat little individual cell packs)...and I love watering and fertilizing things...I'm just not so much in love with weeding things (I like to think of myself as more of an equal opportunity gardener...because most of the time I can't tell the difference between a weed and a plant). I've had reasonable success the past few years, and my ever-present need to nurture always pushes me forward to keep trying...

I missed having the cherry tomatoes last year, so this year Cee got me some seeds and starter pots, and so the experiment has begun. I tried this a few years ago, but started the seeds a little too late and the plants never got outside because it was too cold by the time they were big enough to re-pot....hopefully this year I timed it right.

The Great 'Mater Experiment:
Week 1

grow little 'maters, grow.


Like any good mom, I have given the little seeds a nice warm and cozy place to live, lots of fertilizer to grow big and tall, and all the sunshine they could ever want, both in the literal and the figurative--in the form of my effervescent self....did I just hear someone snort?

I started a new "woman in red" sweater--this time for me--yesterday, (if) when I finish it, it will be the first adult sweater I have knitted...let's just see if my fibercraft ADD will allow me to see it through to the end before the lapse of this decade...

8 comments:

LG said...

Hi Kiki! I´m sure these babies will grow very healthy! Let us know!

Kiki said...

VIK! Hello, it's so good to see you again! I will update the seeds growth (or non growth) as I can, for sure :)

Sharon said...

cherry tomatoes, yum! You'll be enjoying them before you know it.

Kiki said...

I hope so, Sharon, I do love me some cherry tomatoes! :)

Hel said...

I love the seeds all tucked in ready to grow.

Kiki said...

Thanks Hel, fingers crossed that they grow!

Wanda Kay said...

The maters will do great, hope you keep us updated on their growing stat. I'm sure you'll stick with the sweater, if you think you're gonna give up, one of us ladies will be here to say, FINISH ME.

Kiki said...

Thanks Wanda Kay, I sure hope they grow...nothing yet, but I suppose you can't be impatient when it comes to these things. As for the sweater, I'll finish it..one of these days :)