Saturday, February 09, 2008

yikes

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged...well I sort of can. Not to worry though, nothing major going on, except huge snow storms (like 3 in the last week alone) and Winter blahs, plus a milestone birthday...I won't say how old I am, but let's just say there may or may have not been a 4 and an 0 in the number...you figure it out.

Been knitting socks like a fiend for some reason...can't figure out why since I can't wear them (except for the ankle ones I make, those are okay) I just keep finding these gorgeous patterns and want to make them...luckily my niece is a sock lover and doesn't mind getting new pairs.


This represents my first finished fair isle project...I did start a Christmas stocking first, but that is still on the needle...This pattern is from the Fall issue of Interweave Knits, and the pattern is by Chrissy Gardiner. I really loved this pattern!! I can't believe how fast it worked up and it was so gratifying to finish!


I know, I can't get anything past you guys...you are correct, there is only one there. Well, there's a story to that, but suffice it to say I didn't use the recommended yarn, and when this one was finished it was plain that no regular person would be able to get their leg into it....did you know that fair isle knitting doesn't have a lot of give to it? Live and learn. I will have to procure some of the proper stuff and try again. LOVE this pattern though!!

MILESTONE

Yes, I was horrified to turn celebrated a large milestone birthday in January. Cee told me to write out a list of things I might like for my birthday (I wrote things like "to be 20 again" even though I don't mean it, but still...) and some other things, but settled on this:




Yup, we lept into the new century and Cee got me an ipod...me likey. My condenscending helpful nephew offered to set it up for me, but this old boot figured it out for herself. And then the intrepid fibre artist in me just had to make a case for it...I wanted something that would keep it safe from the dogs and out of the way while I knit, so I decided to make a Pod Pendant, or Nano Necklace if you prefer.



Now I can crochet or knit and listen to all my faves.

I did write this pattern down as I was making it, so if anyone's interested I can post it. Just let me know.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Belated Birthday, dear Kiki! Why I could be your, uh, big sister. Yeah, big sister, let's go with that. :D

Congrats on getting an iPod, it's adorable. And I love the Fair Isle sock. I used to work with Chrissy and I know she'd love to see it. She blogs at knittinmom.blogspot.com, you should totally show her the pic and tell her I sent you!

LG said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, dear Kiki!!! What are numbers anyway? Who cares? The real age is in your heart and how you live your life!

I can´t believe the great fair isle pair of socks! Incredible work. Your iPod must be very proud of his sweater! ;)

Kiki said...

Aww thanks Sharon and Vik! You are too kind as always!

knittinmom said...

Gorgeous sock! I'm so sad it doesn't fit, though. You should stuff it and put it on your mantle or something so everyone can admire your handiwork. ;-)

Kiki said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Chrissy! I think I will use it as a mini stocking next Christmas for sure!