Saturday, December 06, 2008

i've never liked politicians,

Although I'm sure they have nothing but good things to say about me....snort, whatever...but still, the crap that's going on with our government right now is ludicrous. I won't bore anyone by going into details, just say our politicians seem to have gone insane, along with a good number of our citizens, apparently. We just had an election barely six weeks ago, and now the opposition leader, who no-one in Canada wanted to be Prime Minister, is on the verge of becoming just that, thanks to a coalition with the NDP and the Bloc Quebeqois, which is a truely frightening prospect to me, and anyone else who doesn't think that the leader of a party that wants to separate the province of Quebec from Canada should have any power over the rest of Canada. Arrrgh, I don't even want to talk about it. If it's not gloom and doom about the economy it's this new palaver about our "leaders"....no wonder I don't want to watch the news anymore....here's some fibre for your diet:



This is a relatively bad picture of a flower afghan that's been ongoing for about a year...I seem to only want to work on afghans in the winter, small wonder.

And here are some glovey-mitteys I made, from the pattern in the Creative Knitting January 2008 issue:



I also tried the Mystery Beret from Wooly Wormhead (you can find the pattern at Ravelry, they have dubbed it: "Meret"):




And here's the flip side....I did the rolled/ribbed brim, which I really like...I suppose now I should block it, so you can see the lacey pattern better:



Sorry for ranting about the govt....the only potential good thing this mess has done is galvanized the country towards their politics....it's made Canadian politics sexy again....

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hmmm...what's going on in Canada's government reminds me of what American politics were like right after the 2000 election!

The good news is, bad leaders eventually do get replaced. I just hope that your country won't become as screwed up as ours did during the presidency of George W. Bush.

Snazzy beret and mittens! And they totally match your sweater.

LadyLinoleum said...

I love the afgan girlie...oooh, the beret and mitts too. Love it all!

LG said...

If you can´t stand politicians in Canada, figure it out how it is down here in the corrupt banana republic where I live...

I love all your projects!